Please select a topic from below:
New to Phone Banks?
Please see the additional videos below if you are nervous about phone banks. These videos are in partnership with Swing Left San Francisco and made by local volunteers.
Info about the Thru-Talk Dialer (Biden & non-CA)?
A COMPUTER WITH CHROME/FIREFOX IS REQUIRED FOR THRU-TALK. Safari and iPads are not supported.
In addition to the training you will receive at the beginning of your phone bank, here are some resources to better prepare you to use the “Thru-Talk” dialer which is used for Biden calls, and most out-of-California calls.
This system will automatically connect you to people, so it goes through about five times as many numbers as you could by manually dialing. You must be prepared to speak immediately after the tone, and click the appropriate options as you go through the script. If you need to take an extended break, please log out of the tool. Watch the video to learn the tool.
- How to Make Calls in Thru-Talk (2 min video – see note below)
- Best Practices for Callers
- Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide
- See today’s script for the Distributed call list (This may not be the same as the script at your phone bank.)
- Click on the boxes to see the script flow (e.g. “Talking to Correct Person”). Note that the script may be different depending upon the answer chosen.
- Do not feel obligated to join the slack channel – Democracy Action will stay up-to-date on that info for you.
- Your phone bank captain will discuss what to do for “undecided” callers more in depth.
- Biden Campaign Guide to ThruTalk
Need Assistance with your “Action ID”? (VPB manual dial)
For many of our Virtual Phone Bank (VPB) manual dial tools, you may need to get a personalized “Action ID” that will include a password of your choice.
- If you think you might have an account, please attempt to sign in at https://accounts.ngpvan.com/Account/LogIn
- If you need an Action ID, please register at https://accounts.ngpvan.com/Account/RegisterPrivate.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE TWO FACTOR IDENTIFICATION – it is unnecessary for volunteer accounts.
- We suggest you use “DemAction2020” as your password if you do not have a password manager or other system to keep track of passwords.
- If you have an account, but don’t remember your password, please go to https://accounts.ngpvan.com/Account/SendResetPasswordEmail and request your reset password email. Don’t forget to check your spam folder.
Need Help with Zoom or How to Change Your Name on Zoom?
Thank you for joining Democracy Action to phone bank from home during these times of social distancing. We are meeting virtually through Zoom, an easy-to-use video conferencing tool, and on this page you will find helpful guides and tutorials to get you started.
Guides created by our volunteers:
Guides created by Zoom:
- How to join a Zoom meeting
- Sign-up for a Webinar to learn more about how to use Zoom. This is a 30 minute pre-scheduled class, hosted by Zoom, that will give you an overview of Zoom.
- You don’t need to download Zoom in order to join the phone bank. You can join using the “join by browser” feature.